Are you looking for a way to give back to the running community? Have you always wanted to help others reach their running or walking goals? Fleet Feet Myrtle Beach is currently accepting applications for Mentor positions for both our 5K and Half Marathon training program. Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants.
The Fleet Feet Sports Mentor Team is a passionate group of walk and run mentors who help people reach their goals of walking and running.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Sports Myrtle Beach. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group
- promoting safety and providing support during workouts
- keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval while walking or running
- running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet Sports offers
- calling on their past personal experiences to provide knowledge, advice, and general tips when it comes to training and living healthy
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has completed at least 2 races at your desired distance.
- Is able to attend 80% of all three weekly training workouts
- Will relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the head coach.
- Is willing to run for the purpose of mentoring and not for your own workout (during group/race runs)
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch or GPS app for pace guidance
- Must carry hydration and wear proper visibility gear
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Willing to be a Fleet Feet Sports Myrtle Beach store ambassador
- Attend Mentor Trainings
What distances can I mentor for?:
- We are currently seeking (4) 5K mentors and (4) half marathon mentors, though we will be expanding our program to include other distance goals in the future.
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking
- Free entry into the training program you are mentoring and discounted entry into the program goal race
- Special Mentor discounts and gear
- Post-training program party!
Click Here to download a Mentor Application!
Please email completed application to email@example.com
Questions? Email the Training Program Coordinator, Heather: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Start: March 20, 2017